Your Own, State-Of-The-Art
Wellness Center of Kansas City
Appointments Required For All Visits
Carpenters Wellness Center is back to regular operating hours; however, continued measures are being taken for the safety of our members and staff. Please refer to current updates due to COVID-19 here.
Carpenters Wellness Center accepts same-day appointments for acute and sick care, but please understand that patients are scheduled based on severity of symptoms. Your wait time may be longer than desired or expected unless you call to schedule an appointment, even if it’s the same day. We know your time is valuable and want to ensure your wait time is minimal.
Wellness Center Services Include:
*UnitedHealthcare Medicare Supplement members may utilize these services; Dental coverage requires enrollment in the Carpenters Dental Plan
**Common Virtual Visit care may include but is not limited to:
- Gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms
- Mental health concerns (anxiety/depression)
- Pink eye symptoms
- Skin issues (poison ivy, acne, bug bites)
- Smoking cessation
- Upper respiratory symptoms (allergies, cold, flu)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) symptoms
- And more
Patient Advocacy Program
Wellness Center Experience Not What You Expected?
Carpenters Wellness Center is here to serve you and your families. It is our intent for your experience within the Wellness Center to be a positive one. If your encounter with Carpenters Wellness Center was anything but positive, we want to know. We appreciate your valuable time in helping us improve the patient experience for everyone.
Addressing issues and concerns
Please use the following hierarchy to address your issues and concerns:
- Bring your concern directly to the attention of Carpenters Wellness Center Manager, Sherry Tenge, your patient advocate. Sherry’s direct number is 314.955.2199.
- If your patient advocate is not available or if concerns are sensitive in nature, call Cerner’s patient advocacy line at 888.533.0943.
- Every attempt is made to respond to patient concerns within two (2) business days.
- Patient concerns will be addressed confidentially.
- Concerns will be documented and tracked for resolution, if necessary.
If or when a patient reaches out to the Carpenters Regional Council (CRC) prior to bringing the concern to the Wellness Center patient advocate, the CRC will direct the patient to the patient advocacy line.
Ensuring your concerns are heard:
- All patient advocacy reports are reviewed by the appropriate manager, quality consultant, and medical director upon receipt to ensure details are captured, any actions have been identified and implemented, and final communication to the patient has occurred.
- The manager, quality consultant, and medical director review and monitor all incoming patient advocacy reports for trends within or across services on an ongoing basis
- All patient advocacy reports are included in the quarterly report to the quality management group for review with any identified trends.
Completely confidential. Your opinion matters.