Learn How To

Transfer Benefits


The St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Health & Welfare and Annuity Funds and the Carpenters Pension Trust Fund of St. Louis are party to the International Reciprocal Agreements for Carpenters Health & Welfare Funds and Carpenters Pension Funds (the “Reciprocal Agreements”) sponsored by the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America. The purpose of these agreements is to allow a participant to have his/her Health & Welfare, Pension and Annuity hours transferred from the area where the participant worked to his/her home fund.

If you work in an area outside the Mid-America Carpenters Regional Benefit Services’ jurisdiction and wish to have your hours worked reciprocated to the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Health & Welfare Trust, Carpenters Pension Trust Fund of St. Louis, Carpenters Pension Fund of Kansas City and/or the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Regional Annuity Trust Fund (“Home Funds”), you must complete a Reciprocity Form. Download the form from our website or contact our benefit office to request the form be mailed to you.

Participants must file a written authorization form electing to have contributions transferred within 60 days of working within another jurisdiction. Reciprocal Agreements must also be in effect between the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Trust Funds and the other Trusts. The transfer of hours is limited to hours worked up to one year prior to receipt of the transfer request.

Reciprocal Hours: Things You Should Know

As a member of the Mid-America Carpenters Regional Council, when you are assigned to a job outside your home area you need to find out where your benefits will be sent so you can give the Away Fund that information on your Reciprocity Form. This allows your Home Fund Office to request your hours promptly on your behalf from the correct Trust Office.

Once you have filled out the Reciprocity Form, please be sure to send a copy to Mid-America Carpenters Regional Benefit Services, Attn: Reciprocity, at 1419 Hampton Ave, St. Louis, MO 63139 or email [email protected].

If you transfer your union membership to an area outside of the Mid-America Carpenters Regional Council (switch locals to a local outside your current Council jurisdiction), your hours are no longer eligible to be transferred because the St. Louis-Kansas City Carpenters Benefit Trusts will no longer be your Home Funds.

The transfer of hours shall continue until the participant has revoked the reciprocity request in writing, and the request is received by Mid-America Carpenters Regional Benefit Services.

Documents & Forms

If you are working outside the St. Louis jurisdiction and have questions regarding your benefits, this list of FAQ may help answer your questions.

Reciprocal Transfers – Instructions for Working out of the St Louis Jurisdiction (PDF)